Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Coyote Sam's Bar and Grill

Coyote Sam's Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

If you read the reviews on UrbanSpoon, you pretty much have a good idea of what to expect. Bad service and bad food. Just like Lago del Pino, every nickel and dime was sunk into the building and nothing was leftover for server training or decent chefs. I believe this is a trend going through Tyler right now, million dollar restaurants with crappy food. The only thing I enjoyed here was the Smith County Nachos, which weren't even real nachos but in fact, 3 tostadas. They were really good but it was just queso with sausage and dice fajita chicken on a tostada. I also did not like the feeling of being pushed aside into a back corner of the restaurant to make room for all of the poker players coming in and out. In fact, I think they may be going overboard with the ridiculous amount of poker they are playing here. It's a restaurant, please focus on the food and not getting people drunk to play poker. I don't recommend this place at all, not even for the views. It's a pretty building but I just did not care for anything else once I sat down. Even the seating was uncomfortable. Go here at your own risk, or at least have a few drinks at home before you get here so you won't notice the bad servers and the bad food!

No comments:

Post a Comment